Here it is!
“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle awakens. He has only one thought on his mind: To be able to run faster than the fastest lion. If he cannot, then he will be eaten.
Every morning in Africa a lion awakens. He has only one thought on his mind: To be able to run faster than the slowest gazelle. If he cannot, he will die of hunger.
Whether you choose to be a gazelle or a lion is of no consequence.
It is enough to know that with the rising of the sun, you must run. And you must run faster than you did yesterday or you will die. This is the race of life.”
The realities of life and death, as they relate to running, is different for the gazelle and the lion in the African bush than it it is for the gazelle and lion in a zoo. For one it is a daily priority – it’s life or death; for the other, it’s an option based on the amount of space in the cage.
What is it for you?
Is your career in a cage where no where to go? Then what are you doing to reboot or recharge it? Or is your career a daily priority? Then how are you running faster or at least smarter every single day?
Smart Moves Tip:
Invest in your career. Most people forget they really have two jobs. The first is to do what you get paid for and do it well. The second is to do what’s required to ensure your career is where you want it to go and not leave it to someone else. Also see Are You Ambitious? 7 keys to Career and Life Success and Career Satisfaction: Do You Have It?
Do you want to develop Career Smarts?
- For more resources, see the Library topic Career Management.
- Start with the Career Success System.
- Sign up for Career Power: 101 success tips.
- Fast track your career. Be part of a Success Team.
- Need a speaker? Get the Edge Keynotes-webinars-workshops.
- Find career and leadership boosters in the Smart Moves Blog.
- Copyright © 2012 Marcia Zidle career and leadership coach.