Unleash Creativity: Guidelines & Examples for Creative Thinking
Copyright Carter McNamara, Authenticity Consulting, LLC
Sections on This Topic Include
- What is Creative Thinking?
- Benefits and Examples of Creative Thinking
- Developing Your Creative Thinking Skills
- Creative Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Systems Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Related Library Topics
Learn More in the Library’s Blogs Related to Personal Development
In addition to the articles on this current page, also see the following blogs that have posts related to Personal Development. Scan down the blog’s page to see various posts. Also, see the section “Recent Blog Posts” in the sidebar of the blog or click on “Next” near the bottom of a post in the blog. The blog also links to numerous free related resources.
What is Creative Thinking?
“Creativity simply means being able to come up with something new. Therefore, creative thinking is the ability to consider something – a conflict between employees, a data set, a group project – in a new way.” Alison Doyle in this article:
- Creative Thinking Definition, Skills, and Examples
- At The Intersection of Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking Skills
Benefits and Examples of Creative Thinking
There are numerous examples of creative thinking in our lives, but we usually don’t think of them as such, for example, when you discover a more efficient way of getting something done. In that situation, you were using your creative thinking skill to be creative. Here are articles about other examples, as well as about the benefits of creative thinking of which there are many.
- What Are Examples of Creative Thinking?
- The Creative Power of Writing Every Morning
- Creative Thinking – An Essential Skill for the 21st Century
Developing Your Creative Thinking Skills
As with any skill, it takes practice. First, you get new information about how something could be done and then you practice applying that information.
- How Companies Can Develop Critical Thinkers and Creative Leaders
- Creative Thinking Skills (a course on creative thinking)
- Creative Thinking (an exercise)
- How to Enhance Your Creative Thinking
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Self-Assessments (numerous self-assessments)
- Goals – Setting Personal Goals
- Changing Your Behavior
- Basic Requirements of Learners in Training and Development
- Learning Style Inventory
- Personal Productivity
- Personal Wellness
- Reading Skills
For the Category of Personal Development:
To round out your knowledge of this Library topic, you may want to review some related topics, available from the link below. Each of the related topics includes free, online resources.
Also, scan the Recommended Books listed below. They have been selected for their relevance and highly practical nature.