Sections of This Topic Include
Building Blocks of Composition
- Planning and Organizing
- Writing for Readability
- Formatting Your Writing
- Getting Starting With Writing
- Reviewing Your Writing
Types and Styles of Writing
Numerous Types of Correspondence
Style Guides, Including Citations
- American Psychological Association (APA) used in social sciences
- APA Tutorial
- American Medical Association
- Citation Style – Plagiarism.Org
- Unintentional Plagiarism
- Citing Sources
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
Common Grammar and English Mistakes
- Common Errors in English Usage
- 50 Common Grammar Mistakes in English
- 43 Embarrassing Grammar Mistakes Even Smart People Make
- 30 of the Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need to Stop Making
- 15 Common Grammar Mistakes That Kill Your Writing Credibility
Assess Your Writing Skills
- Acronym and Jargon Finders
- E-Mail Address Books
- Internet Searches
- Language Translators
- Manual of Styles (APA, Chicago, etc.)
- Phone Books
- Reference “Desks” (sites with multiple types of reference information)
How Well Do You Write Now?
Before you read the above topics about writing, you might get an impression of how well you write now. Take this online test. Just click on “Start Test”.
Learn More in the Library’s Blogs Related to Business Writing
In addition to the articles on this current page, see the following blogs which have posts related to Business Writing. Scan down the blog’s page to see various posts. Also, see the section “Recent Blog Posts” in the sidebar of the blog or click on “Next” near the bottom of a post in the blog.
For the Category of Communications (Business Writing):
To round out your knowledge of this Library topic, you may want to review some related topics, available from the link below. Each of the related topics includes free, online resources.
Also, scan the Recommended Books listed below. They have been selected for their relevance and highly practical nature.