Assembled by Carter McNamara, MBA, PhD
The Balanced Scorecard is a performance management approach that focuses on various overall performance indicators, often including customer perspective, internal-business processes, learning and growth and financials, to monitor progress toward organization’s strategic goals. Each major unit throughout the organization often establishes its own scorecard which, in turn, is integrated with the scorecards of other units to achieve the scorecard of the overall organization.
Sections of This Topic Include
Related Library Topics
Learn More in the Library’s Blogs Related to Balanced Scorecard
In addition to the articles on this current page, see the following blogs which have posts related to Balanced Scorecard. Scan down the blog’s page to see various posts. Also see the section “Recent Blog Posts” in the sidebar of the blog or click on “next” near the bottom of a post in the blog.
- Library’s Consulting and Organizational Development Blog
- Library’s Human Resources Blog
- Library’s Leadership Blog
- Library’s Project Management Blog
- Library’s Supervision Blog
- Global Balanced Scorecard Community
- Balanced Scorecard Institute
- Business Performance Management (concise overview)
- The Accountability Scorecard
- Also see the library topic: Performance Measurements for extensive links about balanced scorecard and strategic management
- Ap-institute: What is a Balanced Scorecard?
- The tools – Balanced Scorecard
- Course 11: The Balanced Scorecard
Various Other Performance Programs and Movements
The following can be organizational improvement programs, depending
on how they’re used. (See Broad Overview of Various Programs and Movements (see Note #1 below.)
- Business Process Re-Engineering
- Cultural Change
- Quality Management
- Knowledge Management
- Management by Objectives
- Organizational Learning
- Program Evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Total Quality Management
For the Category of Organizational Development:
To round out your knowledge of this Library topic, you may want to review some related topics, available from the link below. Each of the related topics includes free, online resources.
Also, scan the Recommended Books listed below. They have been selected for their relevance and highly practical nature.