U.S. Enterprise Law: Forming Organizations
Assembled by Carter McNamara, MBA, PhD
The following, miscellaneous information which may be helpful as an overview of various aspects of business law in the United States of America. Businesses requiring legal advice should contact an attorney. It might be helpful for the reader to first get a broad overview of organizations by reading
Sections of This Topic Include
- Overviews of Legal Forms of Organizations (include hybrid forms of organizations)
- Selecting Your Legal Form of Organization
- General Resources
Related Library Topics
Learn More in the Library’s Blogs Related to This Topic
In addition to the articles on this current page, also see the following blogs that have posts related to this topic. Scan down the blog’s page to see various posts. Also see the section “Recent Blog Posts” in the
sidebar of the blog or click on “next” near the bottom of a post in the blog. The blog also links to numerous free related resources.
Overviews of Legal Forms
“Hybrid” Forms of Organizations
- Hybrid Organizations (Wikipedia)
- Low-Profit Limited Liability Company (L3C)
- Private Letter Rulings and the L3C
- Charity-Owned Limited Liability Companies
- L3C (Wikipedia)
- Steps to B Corp Certification
- B Corporation > Nonprofit: Tactical Philanthropy Advisors
- The L3C a Complete Backgrounder
- L3Cs a Sweet Honey of a Deal for Social Entrepreneurs
- B Corporations Get a Boost With Very Own Ad Campaign
Selecting Your Legal Form of Organization
- Legal Forms and Traditional Structures of U.S. Businesses (for-profit and nonprofit)
- Sole Proprietor? Or Independent Contractor? What’s the Difference?
- Incorporating Your Small Business – Advantages and Disadvantages of Incorporation
- Why do people start their businesses as sole proprietorships?
- Should Your Business Be an LLC or an S Corp?
- Alternative Legal Structures for Your Business
- Small Business Administration — legal forms
- Starting a For-Profit Business (includes links to many articles)
- Starting a Nonprofit Organization (discusses steps involved and references numerous articles)
For the Category of Legal:
To round out your knowledge of this Library topic, you may want to review some related topics, available from the link below. Each of the related topics includes free, online resources.
Also, scan the Recommended Books listed below. They have been selected for their relevance and highly practical nature.