© Copyright Carter McNamara, MBA, PhD, Authenticity Consulting, LLC.
Sections of This Topic Include
Related Library Topics
Learn More in the Library’s Blogs Related to This Topic
In addition to the articles on this current page, also see the following blogs that have posts related to this topic. Scan down the blog’s page to see various posts. Also see the section “Recent Blog Posts” in the sidebar of the blog or click on “next” near the bottom of a post in the blog. The blog also links to numerous free related resources.
Overviews and Improvements
- What are Board Meetings?
- Ten Quick Ways to Improve Board Meetings | CompassPoint
- Lessons in Lifemanship – Chapter 37: Improving Boards and Board Meetings
- Ten Ideas for Improving Your Board Meetings
- Making the Most of Time Together | CompassPoint
- How Boards Can Have Better Conversations
- Guidelines to Conducting Effective Meetings
- Questions Nonprofit Board Members Should Always Ask (especially in meetings)
- Effective Board Meetings | Boards of Directors
Rules of Order
- Many resources about rules of order
- Wikipedia’s Robert’s Rules of Order Web Site
- Robert’s Rules of Order Online – Parliamentary Procedure and Parliamentarians
- Chairing a Board Meeting
- Better Practices – Staff at Board Meetings (nonprofit?)
- Where Should the Board Chair, the ED, the Staff Sit? | Blue Avocado
- Practical Tips for Presenting to the Board | Boards of Directors
- What to Do When You Really, Really Disagree with a Board Decision | CompassPoint
- Dangerous ideas made safe (importance to have open discussions)
- Managing Conflict: A Guide for Volunteer Boards
- Policy Name: Conflict and Complaint Resolution
- Ten Questions that Could Improve Your Board Meetings | The Non-Profit Toolbox
- Better Board Meetings: No snoring allowed
›Return to All About Boards of Directors
For the Category of Boards of Directors:
To round out your knowledge of this Library topic, you may want to review some related topics, available from the link below. Each of the related topics includes free, online resources.
Also, scan the Recommended Books listed below. They have been selected for their relevance and highly practical nature.