The Development Office and its staff functions with-and-through a volunteer cadre, and:
• Participates in the strategic planning process to address the
feasibility of attaining specific long-range and short-term
• Is responsible for working with Leadership and Administration
in planning and implementing the activities needed to generate
the funding required to meet the goal established by the
strategic planning process.
• Participates in the process that links the setting of cash flow goals to the fund raising process.
• Works with Leadership in the creation/adoption of Short- and Long-Term Development Plans
designed to identify, educate, cultivate and involve major gift prospects in the activities of the
organization, so that short- and long-term funding goals can be met.
• Works independently and with Leadership in researching prospective major donors.
• Coordinates and tracks activities of Leadership in that process, and in the evaluation of
solicitation of those prospects.
• Maintains and coordinates the use of the organization’s database.
• Works independently and with Leadership in designing and implementing broad-based
marketing, public relations and fund raising programs.
• Coordinates, via the research process, the identification of which individuals, foundations
and corporations should be donor prospects for which programs and activities.
(This piece has been on my hard drive for so long, I don’t remember if I wrote it or if someone else did, but it’s information worth having, and I’ll be happy to give recognition to its author if I’m informed it wasn’t me !!)
Have a comment or a question about starting, evaluating or expanding your fundraising program? Contact me at Hank@Major-Capital-Giving.com With over 30 years of counseling in major gifts, capital campaigns, bequest programs and the planning studies to precede these three, I’ll be pleased to answer your questions.