Purpose of this Public and Media Relations Blog
This blog helps you improve your public and media relations by providing articles, opinions, commentary and many related resources. The blog is for a general audience, including beginners and those advanced in public and media relations.
The benefits of public and media relations are many, including that it:
- Ensures you always communicate the right message in the most suitable channels to each of your stakeholders.
- Sustain strong successful relations with employees, customers, investors and the public.
- Ensures your organization is always presented in the most positive light.
Examples of Topics (or Categories) Relevant to this Blog
You can understand even more about the focus of this blog by looking at examples of various related topics (or categories) that this blog might write about. The following list includes examples of related topics as does the list of Related Library Topics in the sidebar. There may be other related topics, as well.
- Defining and developing key messages for target audiences
- Providing strategic counsel and strategic planning for a PR campaign
- Developing accurate Media Lists for your story
- Looking at Editorial Calendars for the year in the publications you want to be in.
- Conducting media relations
- Special events
- Speech writing
- Identifying speaking opportunities
- Public affairs
- Corporate communications
- Product publicity
- Leveraging social networks online
- Placement of authored articles
- Investor relations
- Crisis communications (or crisis management)
- Internal communications
- Media training
As posts are published, they will be organized into those or other related categories. Categories that have posts published to them will be listed in the sidebar in Categories of Posts. Readers can click on a category and see the posts in that category.
About Me, the Host of this Blog
I’m Martin Keller and I’m the host of this blog. You can read more about me in the sidebar. I will publish about various aspects of public and media relations, and will focus especially on practical tips and tools. These posts will include posts from guest writers, as well.
How to Use the Library’s Blogs
We have implemented many features to make the blogs very valuable and convenient to use. To learn how to use the blogs, click on Library Blog’s Home under the header on each page of the blog.
If You’re Interested In Hosting a Blog for the Library
Just click on Contact Us at the bottom of each page and share your idea, including the topic that you would like to blog about. You would need to commit to publishing a post at least twice a week for at least six months. In return, you would get tremendous visibility to you and your writing. You would retain copyright of your writing – see the Copyright in the footer on each page.