Purpose of this Blog About Starting or Growing a Business
This blog helps you to start your business — or exponentially grow funded start ups, small and medium-sized businesses — by providing articles, opinions, commentary and many related resources. The blog is for a general audience, including beginners and those who have already established a business.
The benefits of reading this blog are:
- Addressing the most important considerations when thinking about starting or growing a business.
- Ongoing reference to 100’s and 1,000’s of free, online resources for all aspects of thinking about, planning, starting and growing a business.
- Exposure to a healthy diversity of perspectives and expertise for starting and growing businesses.
- Opportunity to interact with other readers of this blog to share opinions and resources.
- Increased likelihood that your new business will be successful.
Examples of Topics (or Categories) Relevant to this Blog
You can understand even more about the focus of this blog by looking at examples of various related topics (or categories) that this blog might write about. The following list includes examples of related topics as does the list of Related Library Topics in the sidebar. There may be other related topics, as well.
- Reflect on whether you’re really ready to start or grow a business.
- Identify other free, useful resources and pick which ones will be most useful to you.
- Consider whether a business incubator would be useful to you.
- For a strategic alliance with another organization?
- Should you buy another business? Start a franchise?
- How will you finance your startup or growth?
- What laws and regulations will apply?
As posts are published, they will be organized into those or other related categories. Categories that have posts published to them will be listed in the sidebar in Categories of Posts. Readers can click on a category and see the posts in that category.
About Me, the Host of this Blog
I’m Tove Rasmussen, the host of this blog. You can read more about me next to my picture on the right side of each page in the blog. I plan to publish a post at least once a week about various aspects of starting or growing a business, and will focus especially on practical tips and tools. These posts will include posts from guest writers, as well.
How to Use the Library’s Blogs
We have implemented many features to make the blogs very valuable and convenient to use. To learn how to use the blogs, click on Library Blog’s Home under the header on each page of the blog.
If You’re Interested In Hosting a Blog for the Library
Just click on Contact Us at the bottom of each page and share your idea, including the topic that you would like to blog about. You would need to commit to publishing a post at least twice a week for at least six months. In return, you would get tremendous visibility to you and your writing. You would retain copyright of your writing – see the Copyright in the footer on each page.